The John M. Annis House on State Road, built 1833

A city rich with history, where rural farmlands meet bustling city life…

North Royalton is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. It is a suburb of Cleveland. The population was 31,322 as of the 2020 Census. Originally incorporated as a village in 1927, it achieved the status of city in 1961.

North Royalton was founded in 1818. Knight Sprague, an early settler, had the township named after his native town in Vermont, Royalton. Sometime between 1880 and 1890, the name of Royalton was changed to North Royalton because of another town in Ohio bearing the same name. On April 4, 1927, the township officially became the Village of North Royalton, and the first mayor, E. C. McCombs, was elected.

info@nrhistory.org

13759 Ridge Rd, North Royalton, OH 44133

Mail must be sent to:
P.O, Box 33181, North Royalton, OH 44133